“Belajar,
untuk kesenangan kau sendiri”
Back in my school days, I didn’t think this
phrase which my mom would constantly repeat would mean anything. Now that I am
a working adult, I understood very much what my parents in fact all the parents
mean. I always thought to myself, “if only I had studied harder...”
Back
then when we were all kids, we always thought our parents constant nagging is
irritating. We rebel, became rude and made them worried all the time, well I
was a naughty kid once in a while. Okay most of the time. I played hard and study
less. I drop from Express Stream to Normal Academic. I still remember how mad
my dad was when I had to drop to the NA stream. I was scared and behaved very
well that very week. Yeap, that week only. In the N.A stream, I still continued
to be funny and played hard and study less. I failed my ‘O’ levels and got into
ITE. In ITE, I still played alot. I didn’t do well in my exams and my marks
were just “okay”. At that point of time, I was contented with my results and
did not continue to pursue my studies, I search high and low for a full time
job.
I
got into one and only later did I realise how important studies were.
Qualification is very important especially in the Government Sector, where I am
now. With just a NITEC cert, I am just a Grade 8 (lowest) Civil Servant who does
a lot of work for so little pay. It is just not enough and I wanted more.
So,
recently I enrolled myself in a diploma course; Part-time Diploma in Business
Admin (General) at a private school. I have classes every Wednesday, Friday and
Saturday. Basically my weekends are burned for the next 10 months. No holidays
and hanging out till late night. What’s even worst is that my Saturday class is
from 2pm-6.30pm. There goes my Saturdays, no more JB trips for me. Then again,
I am doing all this for my future sake, I wanted more and this is just a little
bit of sacrificing. I hope to do well in my studies and proceed even further.
Insyaallah. I want to be that someone whose parents are really proud of them
and I know I will be that person soon enough. Insyaallah.
If
you happen to see me not studying and fooling around, please remind me to study
and revise. Hehe.
“Education is a debt due from present to future generations”
-Anonymous-
-Anonymous-

No comments:
Post a Comment