Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Deal or No Deal


I have been wanting to blog about the ‘Deals’ I bought from www.deal.com.sg. I bought 2 different deals for 2 different occasions. It was during Ramadan, so I bought the deals thinking that it would save all the hassle of having to find a place to dine (break-fast) and at the same time catch up with old friends.  


The first deal bought was from Riverwalk Tandoor at Golden Landmark Hotel, it was Indian cuisine buffet at a reasonable price of $13.90 (original price: $28.00 ++). I bought for 8 Pax but in the end 2 decided to ditch us due to some boy-girl-relationship problem (how selfish), I already gave the guy at the front desk all 8 coupons and I just couldn’t be bothered to ask for the balance back because, the air-con wasn’t working and imagine me perspiring throughout, Air-conditioned place was the top requirement when I was searching for a place to dine because I perspire a lot. I was practically perspiring and did not enjoy every single moment I was there. When we shown to our table, I was surprised there were glasses of half-filled Fruit-Punch on our table and were told that it is our welcome drink (HALF-FILLED! WTH)) Then we went to the buffet table, the food were not top-up, we had to literally take what was left, bits and pieces of this and that. Only 20 minutes later they top up the food and I couldn’t be bothered to take another serving as it was too warm and not to mention the place was full. I think they were short on manpower as I had to wait 15 minutes and called several waiters to top up my ice-water. I thought we could stay there further to catch up and stuffs but I just had to leave that place, for a restaurant which is located in a hotel, it is very disappointing. I wouldn’t recommend anyone this place. I want to recommend on the food but I couldn't even remember anything because I was busy fanning myself and hey I ate leftovers.

The second one was absolutely awesome, another Indian buffet restaurant called Bayview Tandoor located at the Singapore Flyer building. I checked and they are not the same company. This one cost a little bit more $22.90 (original price: $55.90) with free flow drinks (any drinks except for alcohol). I was rather very happy with the services provided and the very friendly and helpful waiter. The waiter shown us to our seat, we had the chance to sit outdoor with the beautiful view of Marina Bay Sands and the river (the long stretch of river, I’m not sure of the name) which faces the flyer. It was windy and the lighting played a part to the mood for us to chill and catch up. This time I went with my colleagues. The food there was awesome, there were 2 sections dividing the vegetarian and non-vegetarian. Of course I had the best of both worlds, the best was their butter chicken, I had a few servings of it and simply love it. The meat was so soft and juicy and the gravy was just so yummy! (Oh no, I’m drooling now) My other favourite is vegetarian gravy, it is something like ‘keema’ but this one is green in colour and instead of meat, tofu was added. I tell you, I was never a fan of tofu but this one makes me want more and more. I had it with the ‘Naan’. Delicious! Overall, this place is awesome, it is romantic for couple to come here and dine. RECOMMENDED! Yeah!


So the morale of the story is, pay more for good service and ambience. Doesn’t mean it is located in a hotel, it is good. I hope this helps to whoever is finding a review on this restaurants. J
Other deals bought will be shared soon. J

No comments:

Post a Comment